Keyword

Topic-icon Request: "Restart from last Navpoint"

More
11 years 10 months ago #6946 by mormon_boy
Replied by mormon_boy on topic Request: "Restart from last Navpoint"
we'll call it the experimental "Shut-up Avataar!" mode :)
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #6975 by Drake Sigar
Replied by Drake Sigar on topic Request: "Restart from last Navpoint"

mormon_boy wrote: the relation ship between fans and volunteer free game devs is usually delicate and complex but involves

1. the devs right to flip you the bird and pull his stuff if you make him mad enough

2. the devs motivation to release mod tools so fans can implement what the dev has no desire to implement
this isn't bioware your dealing with drake sigar you did not pay these guys a total of $180 for 3 different games the day they came out and god knows how much for promotional products and DLC's

if they did something that made you unhappy they have no obligation to make it up to you if you want it so bad then be patient and brush up on your freespace modding skills as you wait for the modding tools to be released. you may yet have your check points one day but it probably won't be from these guys especially if you insult them on their home turf

We didn't insult anyone, Keldor insulted us. Once again, I don't mind that it can't be implemented, I just don't want anyone being insulted for making this suggestion ON A FORUM SECTION DESIGNED FOR THESE SUGGESTIONS. Using 'This is not CoD' as a response sidesteps any argument or responsibility entirely and rallies the community through meaningless slogans while heavily implying the original commenter is a tasteless cretin.

Even you're doing it now, it's rather pathetic. You don't know if I buy modern Bioware games (I don't), you don't know if I buy DLC (I don't), and you don't know if I fork out hefty sums for special editions (I don't). You seek to discredit me by making these wild assumptions when all you're doing is discrediting yourself like the obsequious sycophant you so obviously are.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Drake Sigar.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 10 months ago #6976 by tolwyn
Replied by tolwyn on topic Request: "Restart from last Navpoint"

Drake Sigar wrote: I didn't insult them, they insulted us.


I see. Thank you for dragging me into this. :|
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 10 months ago #6980 by Drake Sigar
Replied by Drake Sigar on topic Request: "Restart from last Navpoint"

Tolwyn wrote:

Drake Sigar wrote: I didn't insult them, they insulted us.


I see. Thank you for dragging me into this. :|

Oops, my bad. *Ninja edits* ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 10 months ago #6995 by mormon_boy
Replied by mormon_boy on topic Request: "Restart from last Navpoint"

Drake Sigar wrote: We didn't insult anyone, Keldor insulted us.

he may have insulted you but you insulted him back on his home turf don't try to deny this

Drake Sigar wrote: Once again, I don't mind that it can't be implemented,

well thats very mature of you kudos to you

Drake Sigar wrote: I just don't want anyone being insulted for making this suggestion ON A FORUM SECTION DESIGNED FOR THESE SUGGESTIONS. Using 'This is not CoD' as a response sidesteps any argument or responsibility entirely and rallies the community through meaningless slogans while heavily implying the original commenter is a tasteless cretin.

there are more civilized ways to respond than insulting his skills as a developer and saying you and a ton of other people you don't speak for are going to go play CoD like others have done. when a dev puts his foot down on an issue thats when you stop arguing with him

Drake Sigar wrote: Even you're doing it now, it's rather pathetic. You don't know if I buy modern Bioware games (I don't), you don't know if I buy DLC (I don't), and you don't know if I fork out hefty sums for special editions (I don't). You seek to discredit me by making these wild assumptions when all you're doing is discrediting yourself like the obsequious sycophant you so obviously are.

some modern gamers have a sense of entitlement the bioware case is simply the closest someone can be considered entitled to anything from a game developer with out being a publisher and even then ones argument for entitlement is pretty weak

also this whole issue will be rendered moot in a few days when the mod tools are released(like tuesday) so you can implement this yourself heck this is a popular subject there are probably many who will help you
The topic has been locked.
  • KeldorKatarn
  • KeldorKatarn's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #7004 by KeldorKatarn
Replied by KeldorKatarn on topic Request: "Restart from last Navpoint"
We will not implement this. End of story.

Thread closed. Any further threads opened on this topic are going to be deleted and the user banned.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: TParisdamsonThorarisian
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds