There is No Sound in Space, But There is Music in Wing Commander!
FROM: Rear Admiral Tolwyn, CINCWEAPONSDIVISION
As an extra for all of you, we’ve got just what you need if you can't get enough of the game - we have decided to release the music of Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn. This huge compilation of all-new music was created by our team of talented composers: Jeff Ball, Tim Janssens, Edward Bradshaw, Glyn R. Brown, Jeff Broadbent, and Peter Dmitriyev. As an added bonus, there are several deleted songs that are included in the archive. You know that's right.
We will also release a second album soon. It will be a collection of remastered Wing Commander 3 music, based on the originals composed by George Oldziey, whose electrifying soundtrack provided the inspiration for the original music created by our composers for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn.(Before watching, you are strongly encouraged to complete the main campaign. Certain surprises may be spoiled otherwise.)
In fact, I so couldn't wait for a soundtrack release that I actually opened the data files.
So far, my favourite is battle1_e_04, it perfectly matches the epicness of fighting in an Excalibur.
I'm looking forward to listening to the official soundtrack too.
Hats off to Saga composers
1. Treaty of Torgo - Best track IMHO, and absolutely matched the epilogue entries for the characters. I always feel goosebumps and tears as the orchestra builds up. Is there a version that cuts out the first minute and goes straight to main section?
2. In Pursuit - Heartpounding, or at least the strings do a good imitation. I can foresee using it as a 'speed' track for workouts.
3. Hermes - Calm and majestic, like the eye in the storm.
4. Final Assault - Can feel my blood racing with this track too. Why wasn't it used for the final assault on the Wrathgar? Would have been awesome.
5. Darkest Dawn - Nice aural painting for the dark night before a rising dawn.
Huge kudos to the composers. While space opera music is usually derivative (most of it often seem like Star Wars-John Williams rip-offs), I think this soundtrack really elevates the whole genre to another level.
Combat music is perfect, i love also the hermes soundtrack and some of the later victory music when you land.. dont know the name of the song.