Wing Commander Saga

Future Campaigns

Please post your questions about the story and spoilers of Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn in this forum.

Moderators: arisian, Thor, TParis, damson

Re: Future Campaigns

Postby basilfawlty » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Is there going to be any coordination for the Modding / any quality testing afterwards ? I trust the core team has now had it for quite a while and can be very satisfied with the end result.

Still I presume there will be now a dozen of people trying to remodel WC 1- 4 or write their own campaign, and it might be probably more productive if people teamed up to do it together.

Being a pathetic programmer myself, I look forward to the result.
basilfawlty

Postby KeldorKatarn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Guys, reproducing a complete game can and WILL be stopped by EA and rightly so. WC3 and 4 are still being sold. if you want to do stuff, do your own game your own story. 1:1 copying an original game is not only lame but will also nearly always be stopped by the people in charge.
KeldorKatarn

Postby idontcareuknow » Wed May 16, 2012 8:32 pm

To be honest, I'm shocked EA didn't do something about WCS.
idontcareuknow

Postby Maverick375 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:02 pm

To be honest, I'm shocked EA didn't do something about WCS

You don't really think that their allowing GOG.com and others to re-release WC3-4 is coincidental with the WC:Saga release do you (even if rolls are reversed)? Money is in the air, that's all the big companies see anymore.

Fact is, Saga revitalized the industry a bit, if only a tiny bit. There are space sims out there, but it never hurts to show the flag of the original every now and then. It cost EA nothing and probably boosted sales on the re-releases. win-win.
Maverick375

Previous

Return to Story & Campaign Discussion